Get in touch with an Astrologer through Call or Chat, and get accurate predictions.
Kedarnath Temple Architecture
The Kedarnath temple structure from inside has halls wherein idols are placed, and the main entrance has a statue of Lord Shiva at the centre. One of the 12 Jyotirlingas, along with the five Kedar and Char Dham, is surrounded by three mountains. Kedarnath is 22 thousand feet high, Kharaj Khund is 21 thousand 600 feet tall, and the Bharat Khund is 22 thousand 700 feet high. There are three mountains and the confluence of five rivers here; Mandakini, Madhuganga, Saraswati, Kshirganga and Swarangauri. Some of these rivers are believed to be fictional, but Mandakini is visible in this area. Sri Kedarnath Temple is at 11,755 feet and is a grand temple. The Kedarnath temple inside has the first hall, where there are statues of deities. It is established that the figure of Nandi at the outside of the door, is there to welcome the worshippers. Kedarnath mandir inside has a separate hall where the triangular Kedarnath Shivling is set, and there is a Grabha Griha in the temple, known as the place of worship..
The Important Jyotirlinga
12 Jyotirlingas hold more importance out of the 64 Jyotirlingas. Visiting the 12 Jyotirlingas is essential; doing so will bring blessings, peace, and fulfilment. Each Jyotirlinga is unique and has its history and significance, making it an enriching experience for devotees to visit and learn about.
- Kedarnath, Uttarakhand- This is near the foothills of the Himalayas, resembling the hump of Nandi and is one of the more popular Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva Kedarnath. This is one ancient temple which carries huge importance all over the world.
- Sri Kashi Vishwanath, Uttar Pradesh- This Jyotirlinga is in the city of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. It is believed that the shrine of Lord Shiva was found in the forest, which humans did not construct. Kasi is one of the oldest religious places in India.
- Baba Baidyanath Dham, Jharkhand- This is a famous temple built in memory of Shiva's highest devotee, Baijam. There are shrines of different deities as well which makes the temple even more positive and auspicious.
- Mahakaleshwar Temple, Madhya Pradesh- This Jyotirlinga is in Ujjain and is known for tantra or tantric activities. It is near the holy river Shipra.
- Omkareshwar Temple, Madhya Pradesh- This temple is near the OM-shaped island known as Mandhata. Mandhata is the god of the sound Om which gives a person a calming effect.
- Trimbakeshwar, Maharashtra- This temple is stretched to the Godavari river in Maharashtra; it is also one of the important temples of Bholenath.
- Vaidyanath Jyotirlinga, Maharashtra- This is one ancient temple of Shiva in the Beed district of Maharashtra. This temple is made up of stone, and a wall protects it.
- Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga, Maharashtra- This temple has a Shiva shrine referenced in our religious textbook, Shiva Purana. The meaning of Grishneshwar is lord of Compassion and is one of the famous jyotirlinga dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Rameshwar Jyotirlinga in Tamil Nadu- One of the twelve Jyotirlingas is dedicated to the god Shiva. It is located in the Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu, and the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal surround it.
- Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga in Maharashtra- This temple is known to be the origin of the river Bhima. The great and renowned Maratha ruler Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj has helped in facilitating the worship services.
- Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga in Madhya Pradesh- This temple is dedicated to Shiva and Parvati. Devotees worship Shiva as Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga. It is located at Srisailam in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Somnath Jyotirlinga in Gujarat- This temple is also mentioned in Rigveda and is quite a famous temple worldwide. The deity Shiva is placed in the temple and is worshipped as Somnath.
Kedarnath temple is one of the most auspicious temples, and many worshippers come to see the most famous triangular Shivling. This place gives a lot of happiness to the devotees. Kedarnath history gives us a deep description of its connection with Mahabharat. Kedarnath temple height in feet is 11,750ft. The river near Kedarnath Temple is the Mandakini river. Kedarnath statue of Shiva inclines worshippers towards spirituality. It is regarded as one of the most ancient temples and is surrounded by Kedarnath Himalaya. This brings in a serene environment and is known as the place which helps to maintain stability. The Kedarnath history in English is taught to children and tourists to make them aware of the greatness of Lord Shiva.
What are the best tips when visiting the Kedarnath temple?
- Carry some woollen clothes because the temperature decreases as the sun sets.
- Avoid carrying liquor.
- Carry medicines along.
- Don't sit on the 'Warning' signs.