Get in touch with an Astrologer through Call or Chat, and get accurate predictions.
Spiritual Significance of Golden Temple
The Golden Temple is a place of great spiritual significance for Sikhs and is visited by millions of people every year. It is a symbol of the Sikh faith and represents the ideals of equality, justice, and compassion. The temple is also an important cultural and historical site and is considered a masterpiece of Sikh architecture. In recent years, the Golden Temple has become a popular tourist destination and attracts people from all over the world. Visitors can take a tour of the temple, learn about its history and significance, and take part in daily prayers and rituals. The temple is open 24 hours a day, and there is no admission fee. Festivals celebrated in Golden temple are-
- Gurupurab- This temple celebrates the day of all the Gurus who contributed to the making of the Sikh Religion. They recite hymns written by the Gurus in order to seek blessings and ward off evil energy.
- Baisakhi-This is celebrated in memory of the tenth guru Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji. Farmers harvest their crops and seek blessings from God.
- Diwali- This festival marks the completion of Lord Ram's 14 years in the forest with Mata Sita and his brother Laxman. It is celebrated with the great saying 'Dal roti ghar di, Diwali Ambarsar Di'. People gather together to light up diyas.
- New Year- This occasion is observed to seek blessing for a future filled with positivity.
Ek onkar satnam kartapurakh Nirbhau nirvair akaal moorat Ajooni saibhang Guru parsad jap aad sach jugaad sach Hai bhi sach nanak hose bhi sach sochai soch na hova-ee jay sochee lakh vaar. chupai chup na hova-ee jay laa-ay rahaa liv taar. bhukhi-aa bhukh na utree jay bannaa puree-aa bhaar sahas si-aanpaa lakh hohi ta ik na chalai naal. kiv sachi-aaraa ho-ee-ai kiv koorhai tutai paal hukam rajaa-ee chalnaa naanak likhi-aa naal.
Meaning-This Gurbani mentions that which helps us in every path of our life to lead the road of sthat there is only one God or supreme power. He is the creator and has no hate for anyone. He is present around us, blessing us with immense love and punishing us for wrong. God doesn't let his devotees sleep hungry. People can attain anything in life if they obey Guru Nanak.
Interesting facts about Golden Temple
- Guru Nanak started the construction of Sri Harminder, sahib, and later on, it was taken over by Guru Arjan Dev ji.
- Golden temple in Punjab was the site of Meditation for Lord Buddha.
- The brave ruler Maharaja Ranjit built the Swaran temple of Amritsar singh. The reason behind calling Gurudwara Golden temple is because it is covered with a massive layer of gold.
- Golden Temple Punjab is open to everyone despite their caste and creed.
- It is built around the pond, known as Amrit Sarovar; people drink this Amrit Jal to purify their thoughts and get rid of any diseases.
- Volunteers have the spirit of serving people, which drives them to cook for people and never let them go hungry.
- This Gurdurwara is made in the memorial of Sikh Guru Ramdas ji.
- It is designed with tonnes of pure gold which makes it more beautiful.
- The design of Amritsar gurdwara is a unique blend of Mughal and Hindu Architecture.
The Punjab Swarna Mandir or Swarn Temple Amritsar symbolises the Sikh faith and is a place of great spiritual significance. It is a masterpiece of Sikh architecture and is considerably the most important place of worship for Sikhs. The temple is open to people of all religions and backgrounds and is a place of peace, compassion, and equality. Whether you are a Sikh, a tourist, or simply someone looking for a place of spiritual reflection, the Golden Temple is an experience that is not to be missed. Golden temple langar helps every person who is hungry irrespective of caste or creed, to fill their stomach. Sevadars serve people with immense love and gratitude. The Gurus who built the temple with compassion gave us a brief description about Golden Temple in English.