Chinese Zodiac Sign Calculator
The Chinese Animal Signs or Zodiac Signs, known as Shengxiao, are based on the Lunar Calendar and follow a
The Chinese Zodiac Year starts and finishes on the Chinese New Year, which takes place in January or
February. One animal symbolises each year of the cycle, and people's sign is determined by their birth year.
For example, the year 2022 is the year of the Tiger, and the year 2023 will be the year of the Rabbit.
By entering some details, such as your name and date of birth, into the Chinese Zodiac Sign Calculator, you
can determine your Chinese Zodiac Sign!
How can I calculate my sign as per Chinese Astrology?
If you are also wondering about how do you calculate your Chinese zodiac? Well, the answer is right here. Although you can calculate your Chinese Zodiac Sign mathematically, it can be a complex process. Mentioned below are some ways to do so:
- One of the first ways to calculate your Chinese Animal Sign per your date of birth is through the dividing method. When a lunar year reaches its end, the year's animal will shift to the next one; thus, the animal signs are marked by this method of Chinese astrology by date of birth.
- Another method is based on the solar calendar. In China, one year can be divided into Twenty-four Solar terms, which represent climate change and the schedule of farming or agricultural work. For example, the Lichun term, or the Start of Spring, falls in early February, and after passing that day, a new animal year starts.
- The last method is where the year of birth of an individual is divided by twelve, and the remainder is analysed. If the number of the year cannot be further divided, then the rest is considered to be 0. Each remaining number corresponds to an animal sign. The Monkey represents the remainder 0, 1 is of the Rooster, the Dog symbolises 2, 3 by the Pig, 4 by the Rat, 5 is represented by the Ox, 6 is by the Tiger, 7 is by the Rabbit, the Dragon symbolises 8, 9 is by the Snake, 10 is by the Horse, and 11 is by the Goat.
- Although this process seems simple, it isn't easy and can lead to complex results. Therefore, to maintain accuracy, you should feed your details in the InstaAstro Chinese Zodiac Sign Calculator and get inscrutable results!
Chinese Zodiac Signs Meanings
Chinese Zodiac signs consist of 12 signs that are represented by different animals. The Chinese believed each sign to represent a distinct characteristic and personality trait. Moreover, these signs are used to give accurate horoscope predictions for an individual. After thoroughly understanding the particular signs, you can even find the compatibility between Chinese Zodiac Signs.
Here are the characteristics of these Chinese animals signs:
- Rat signs: The natives of the Rat year come around to be flexible, kind, resourceful and also very sharp in nature. They are the kind of people to always be fast at whatever they do and are very solution-oriented.
- Ox signs: Dependable, powerful, strong, and determined are the characteristics of people born in the year of Ox. These people act as the pillars for their friends and family and are always ready to lend a helping hand.
- Tiger: An individual born in the year of the Tiger comes around to be very strong, brave, courageous and also confident in nature. However, they are loyal and strong-willed.
- Rabbit: Quiet, elegant, and responsible, Rabbits are known for their kindness and serenity. They are known for their calming energy.
- Dragon: If we talk about Dragon signs, they are best known for their confidence, intelligence and enthusiasm. They never back away from obstacles and are powerful beings.
- Snake: Enigmatic, wise, and calculative, Snake signs will always weigh their options before taking any decision. Snakes are deep thinkers and are known for their excellent decision-making skills.
- Horse: Being active, funny, and energetic is what Horse signs are known for. Their loving personality keeps everyone happy, and they are the party's life!
- Goat: Goat signs are calm, gentle and sympathetic people who are the first to empathise with others and are sensitive to situations. They consistently pay attention to what they're saying to avoid hurting the people around them.
- Monkey: The Monkey signs are sharp, curious and intelligent people who always find a way to get deep into any topic. They are hungry for knowledge and will always find a way to attain it.
- Rooster: Brave and diligent, the Roosters are observant people who pay attention to little details and are never the ones to forget anything that is told to them.
- Dog: They are remembered for their loving and prudent personality. Dog signs are the ones who will always find a way to be kind even while being honest. They are dependable and are the best people to confide in.
- Pig: Pigs are known to be compassionate, empathetic and hardworking. They are methodical and always find a way to deal with situations.
What are the lucky and unlucky numbers of the signs?
- Rat: The lucky numbers are 2, and 3. The unlucky numbers are 5, and 9.
- Ox: The lucky numbers are 1, and 4. The unlucky numbers are 5, and 6.
- Tiger: The lucky numbers are 1, 3, and 4. The unlucky numbers are 6, 7, and 8.
- Rabbit: The beneficial numbers are 3, 4, and 6. The unlucky numbers are 1, 7, and 8.
- Dragon: The lucky numbers are 1, 6, and 7. The unlucky numbers are 3, and 8.
- Snake: The promising numbers are 2, 8, and 9. The negative numbers are 1, 6, and 7.
- Horse: The lucky numbers are 2, 3, and 7. The unlucky numbers are 1, 5, and 6.
- Goat: The lucky numbers are 2, and 7. The unlucky numbers are 4, and 9.
- Monkey: The lucky numbers are 4, and 9. The unlucky numbers are 2, and 7.
- Rooster: The lucky numbers are 5, 7, and 8. The unlucky numbers are 1, 3, and 9.
- Dog: The auspicious numbers are 3, 4, and 9. The malefic numbers are 1, 6, and 7.
- Pig: The lucky numbers are 2, 5, and 8. The unlucky numbers are 1, and 7.